Full-Service Law Firm For Real Property Development
At Ross & Ross, P.C., in Springfield, we offer comprehensive legal services for property owners and developers operating at any scale. We represent and protect your interests, from the development and review of the site plan to negotiation and documentation of the construction contracts. We can also protect your interests before zoning appeals boards, construction arbitration panels, or Superior Court juries. To learn more about the scope of our residential and commercial property development practice, please contact an experienced real estate lawyer at our AV-rated* law firm.
We can help you keep your project on track whether you are developing a condominium or apartment complex, building a residential subdivision, establishing a new western Massachusetts retail presence, or awarding franchises in the restaurant, hospitality, or service industry. No project is too large or complicated for us to handle. Our clients include banks, retailers, franchisors and real estate development companies. We have performed much of our work in this area on behalf of national corporations that have acquired property for expansion into the Springfield, Pittsfield or Worcester markets.
Our attorneys provide the following services for local and national real estate owners and developers:
- Reviewing local and county land use, and zoning ordinances and state environmental regulations
- Assisting with building permit applications, rezone applications and site plan review
- Negotiating the conditions for special-use permits where variances or rezones cannot be obtained
- Representing our client’s interests at zoning board hearings
- Appealing adverse zoning and land use decisions
- Negotiating and documenting contracts with general contractors, architects, mortgage lenders and insurance companies
- Monitoring the construction process and documenting change orders, pay orders, lien waivers and inspections
- Enforcing our client’s rights in construction litigation or arbitration proceedings
Our close familiarity with the legal, political and market considerations that inform zoning and land-use decisions in western Massachusetts can provide clients with a major advantage in anticipating and resolving permit problems. This familiarity also allows us to provide effective client service on matters of a more limited scale, such as housing code violations and other enforcement proceedings that may affect property development.
For additional information about our real property development and construction law practice, please contact an experienced land use attorney at Ross & Ross, P.C., in Springfield.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.